Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022!
The Australian High Commission in partnership with Wantok Musik Foundation is proud to announce the Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022!
Are you a singer based in Solomon Islands looking for an opportunity to shine?
We're looking for the best male and female singers in Solomon Islands to win an all expenses paid trip to Honiara to work with Australian music label Wantok Musik and perform alongside internationally recognised Indigenous Australian and Solomon Island artists.
All you have to do is upload your audition to the Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022 Facebook Group by 9 December to be in the running to win! To be eligible to enter you must be:
- A citizen of Solomon Islands
- A singer performing on your own
- Over 18 years of age
- Not signed to a record label; and
- Residing in one of the nine provinces of Solomon Islands.
How do you enter?
Step 1: Read the Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022 Terms and Conditions.
Step 2: Between 21 November 2022 and 9 December 2022 join the Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022 Facebook Group.
Step 3: Make sure you answer all the questions required to join the group and confirm you accept the competition Terms and Conditions.
Step 4: Record a video of you singing a song. Your performance should include an element/s of Solomon Islands culture.
Step 5: Post your video recording to the Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022 Facebook group!
What is the prize?
The best male and female vocalist will win:
- Travel and accommodation in Honiara (plus per diems)
- The opportunity to be mentored by Australian music label Wantok Musik and internationally recognised Solomon Island and Indigenous Australian artists; and
- The opportunity to perform at a public concert in Honiara on 21 January 2023!
Terms and Conditions
To enter the Wantok Musik Singing Competition 2022 you must accept these Terms and Conditions.