About the Australian High Commission in Solomon Islands
Head of Mission
Senior Program Manager ($148,275 - $175,912) Several Positions
The Australia High Commission is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill several Senior Program Manager positions in the Australian High Commission, Honiara.
The Senior Program Manager will be assisting and working closely with Australian based officers to oversee and manage Australia’s Aid Program. These positions also work closely with senior management team in providing advice on policy and strategy development of their respective programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs to achieve results.
- Excellent written and oral English and Pidgin communication skills.
- High quality analytical and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- High level of initiative, flexibility and judgement, and excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to supervise others and take a leadership role in a multicultural team to achieve results.
- A relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised, high quality institution.
Applications must include:
- Current CV/Resume with details of experience and evidence of a relevant tertiary qualification
- 1-2 page Statement addressing the selection criteria above
- Names and contact details of two work-related referees
Note on Statement of claims against selection criteria
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria is the centre piece of your application and should be presented in a concise and focussed manner. In addressing the selection criteria, you should use specific examples of work you have done, describing how you have contributed to a process or an outcome, and how this relates to the criterion you are addressing.
The position is full-time ongoing and attracts annual Housing Safety Net of $35,000 per annum.
Applications may be submitted by mail or email.
Mailing address: Email address:
HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian High Commission
PO Box 589
Closing date for applications: 16st June 2017. Applications which are received after this date cannot be considered. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The High Commission will be open from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Mondays to Thursdays and 8.30 am to 4.30 pm on Fridays except for public holidays.
2017 - Public Holidays
The High Commission will be closed on:
|Monday 2 January 2017||New Year's Day (in lieu)|
|Monday 13 March 2017||Canberra Day|
|Friday 14 April 2017||Good Friday|
|Monday 17 April 2017||Easter Monday|
|Monday 5 June 2017||Whit Monday|
|Friday 16 June 2017||Queen' birthday (in lieu)|
|Friday 7 July||Independence Day|
|Monday 25 Sepetmber 2017||Family Community Day|
|Monday 2 October 2017||Labour Day|
|Monday 25 December 2017||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday 26 December 2017||Boxing Day|
|Wednesday 27 December 2017||Additional DFAT holiday|
|Thrusday 28 December 2017||Additional DFAT holiday|
|Friday 29 December 2017||Additional DFAT holiday|